Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Fun


The weather hasn't been too warm here these past few weeks, but we've been enjoying ourselves and know we should appreciate this cooler summer weather (I realize some of my friends don't have it so nice where they live). Just tonight Mom and I went to a concert in the park, Crown Park to be specific, where a band called 'The Rockaroos' was playing. Bet you wish you could've been there too. ;)

This past weekend Mom and Dad took me downtown to pioneer square for our annual sandcastle competition. I'm not sure why I look so grumpy in that last picture. It really was fun seeing all the sculptures, but the Burgerville crew won my vote. Any guesses why?

Meadow and I also played in our pool the other day, but it was kind of chilly so we didn't stay out too long. Mom thought these next few photos looked cool in black and white.

This is the face I made after I dumped a bunch of cold water all over myself!

Here I am giving my best pouty face after Mom said I couldn't play with her nice camera.

And here's Meadow being cute.

Meadow getting dry after our quick swim.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to see Meadow on a regular basis for much longer. Her mom decided working in Vancouver was not for her (her commute is over an hour) and it's also hard for her to leave Meadow. We don't blame her, but we will sure miss seeing Meadow on Mondays!

5 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Love the pouty picture!!!

Karin Hopkins said...

I love the summers up there! The pouty face pic is sooo cute! Does he do that all the time?

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Those b&w photos are priceless. I bet the sandcastles were a lot of fun to see. We can't wait to come visit you in a few weeks. Tell your mom not to worry, all this reunion stuff will be over soon enough!

Susanne said...

I love all the pictures! And those sandcastles were amazing. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer (despite the cooler weather... it hasn't been very warm around here, either).

tara said...

you're so totally right. i guess i forget that this blog isn't "technically" yours, so you don't have one to put the memory thing on. sorry for the lateness of this post, but here goes my memory. how bout charlie eating a half chicken in that train restaurant? or good ol choir tour in canadia? i really do miss the days of eating beef vegetable soup and i will definitly always think of you everytime i frequent an olive garden...which definitly isn't as often as we did back in the day :)