Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Portland Classical Chinese Garden


My Aunt Carrie came to visit this past weekend so we decided to visit the Portland Chinese Garden. None of us had gone, but had heard it was a great place to visit and we were all glad we did. We got there just as a lion show was starting and although I thought it was pretty neat to watch from far away, I was not interested in seeing those lions up close. At one point, one danced over to where we were and I kept saying, "I'm a little bit scared. I'm a little bit scared," but he soon left.



Here we are by the amazing rockeries. They are configured to appear as mountains and clouds from a distance. Wish we had a better picture.

I also got to color my own dragon to take home.

Here I am showing it off.

This was a fun entrance.

And here's one of our little family in the Knowing the Fish Pavilion.

Thanks for coming to visit us, Aunt Carrie!

2 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Looks like lots of fun. Jonah you are getting so big!

Susanne said...

How fun! I don't think I've ever been to the Chinese Garden. Portland has so much fun stuff to do!