Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love Friends

The last few weeks we've done some fun stuff with friends and rather than blogging about each activity separately, I thought I'd put it all together in one.

The first activity I'll tell you about is Zoo Lights. Last year my family and I went to zoo lights and had a blast so we figured we better go again since I like lights so much right now. I've noticed most people have taken down their Christmas lights so whenever we go driving after dark I say sadly, "There are no more Christmas lights." Anyway, every year our Oregon zoo puts up thousands of lights and lets the community come see the zoo after they would normally close. It usually runs up until the New Year, but this year they extended it a week later due to the snow storm. We didn't get to see too many animals (only a few are still out for viewing), but I did get to see my favorite animal, the baby elephant Samudra. Isn't he so cute?

My buddy, Bodhi and I also had fun riding the wooden animals. Thank you, Marisa, for remembering your camera!

Last week my mom took me to Chuck E. Cheese's for the first time. We met up with my neighbor friend, Audrey, and her mom, Kristi. I thought it was a blast but I think Mom got tired of chasing me around the place. I was really excited about all the neat rides and games!
I was a little scared of Chuck E. Cheese, so Kristi held me while I got my picture taken with him.


This was my favorite game to play. I wanted to ride the horse all night.

We've had a lot of rainy weather these past few weeks so Mom and I went with Sara and Kate to the Jantzen Beach carousel for something else to do. Kate and I loved picking out our horses and can't wait to go again!


Here I am showing off what I call my "cute face."

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Jonah, I love your cute face.. Looks like you guys are having fun. I was bummed we missed zoo lights this year. Hopefully, we will get a chance to do it next year.

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Those faces you make are adorable Jonah! Looks like lots of fun-good thing you have a super mom.

Mary said...

Oh, man, not the cute face!!!! You're killing me smalls!