Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I love summers in the NW!


I know I just posted a blog not too long ago, but I wanted to share with you all why I love summers here in the great NW. First of all, the weather is perfect. It's not too hot (at least yet) and just beautiful. We even got a few patches of rain here these last few weeks, which in my opinion, was welcome. :)
Secondly, we have a ton of fun stuff to do here! Mom and Dad took me on a walk over in the NW area of Portland and we stopped for dessert at Rose's, a little restaurant/bakery that has been serving our community since 1956. I got to try some of their yummy banana cake and chocolate eclair. YUMMY!

I also got to be part of the festivities at the opening of the Portland IKEA store. Mom, Sara, Kate and I rode the MAX train over to IKEA and walked through the whole store. My favorite part was going into the Children's department. They have a special tunnel just for kids to go through. Pretty sweet!

Lastly, someone came up with this brilliant idea to schedule concerts at our very own Oregon Zoo and I just happened to be invited to one. Yep, Dad's work, Moss Adams, invited all the Portland employees to a Los Lobos concert there. I enjoyed hearing the music, getting to mingle with other Moss Adams employees, and I even got to see a few zoo animals. It was the best!

No comments: