Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Thoughts on Arranged Marriages, Pictures from Prom, and Life in the City



Hi Everyone. Sorry that it has been a while since my first blog. Life has been busy! Friends, family, food, the social scene… it all adds up for a young man in the city.

Recently I have been pondering the merits of arranged marriages. It is not a subject that just naturally comes to ones’ mind, but like the subject-matter itself, is thrust upon one by family. Actually, though, I’ve been thinking that, in my case, it might be a really great solution. After all, my parents have already found the love of my life. Kate… oh, how beautiful. The very first time we met, I remember looking at my mom, then over at Kate, and thinking “wow mom, you pick great friends!”.

I’ve also heard that it’s a good idea to stay on the good side of a date’s parents. Luckily for me, I’ve got Sara, Kate’s mom, wrapped around my finger. I asked Sara and Fred if I could go to the 2022 prom with Kate, and they were thrilled… Sarah even sent me this picture of Kate and I that our friend Marissa took!

My dad has had to travel on weekdays for work lately, which is a bummer, but I sure enjoy seeing him on weekends. Mom is hanging in there, and she has great friends helping out and spending time with her. I’m looking forward to Thursday, so I can see my dad. My usual bedtime is 8:00, but I usually wake up to see dad when he gets home late.

The other day, my parents brought home a new swing (that's me in it on the right). It rocks…it’s an Eddie Bauer brand, and is super-cool. When Kate comes over, she rides in it too, and she agrees that it totally rocks. She likes to sleep in it… sometimes I do, but usually I’m more interested in being held.

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for checking in, and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

No comments: