Monday, August 06, 2007

Let me clear up a few things here...

I am guessing some of you may be thinking, "What is Jonah thinking, moving all the way out to Gresham?" Well, I gotta be honest with you. East County was not my first choice on the list of Portland area neighborhoods. However, after much careful consideration, my family and I have realized that it is not all bad. Dad wanted to continue to live near the MAX line and Mom wanted good schools. And as most of you know by now, we are not the fix-it types nor do we enjoy spending our Saturdays doing yard work. Thus, a townhome seemed like a perfect fit for us. Though we still long to live in downtown Portland someday, downtown Gresham has its' perks too. Within walking distance there is a library, park, Saturday farmers market and lots of cool shops and restaurants. So, we are not completely selling out. We will be right next door to Portland and will visit its' other neighborhoods often.

In my last post, you may remember that I casually mentioned that Kate was caught kissing some other young men. Well, I have proof (see picture below)! You may have thought it bold of me to accuse her of such a thing, but I feel I must let the truth be told so that other men are aware of the antics of beautiful women. FYI, we have decided our relationship is worth preserving, so please keep us in your thoughts as we work to rebuild the trust that was once there between us.

I also thought you might wonder what a typical day for me looks like. Well, I usually wake up around 7:30-8:00 a.m. (sometimes even later). After many months of stealing precious hours of sleep from my parents, I decided to give them a break and I think they appreciate it quite a bit. Then I have some breakfast with Mom (and sometimes Dad if he is still around) and play for a couple hours before going down for my morning nap at around 9:30-10:00. At 11:00-11:30 I wake up fully refreshed for the day ahead and so after lunch, Mom and I usually go out and run errands, visit friends or family, or sometimes we just stay in and dance and sing to a little Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald. At about 3:00 I am ready for another nap and that lasts until about 4:30-5. Then we usually start working on dinner and hang out as a family until my bedtime at 8:00. I pretty much always get a bath at night, then we read some stories together and finally I nurse and go to sleep. Not a bad life, huh? After I am asleep, a lot of times Mom will go out with friends to a movie or something as she tells Dad she 'needs time away too' (whatever that means). Just last night she went out with Sara and Aunt Mary to the Clark County fair to see a concert. Grandma and Grandpa Anderson watched me until my Dad came to pick me up, take me home and put me to bed. Oh, and because I heard there was some concern about me being left home alone with all this talk about Mom going out... no, she does not leave me alone EVER! Though I wish she would. Think of all the fun I would have if I had the place to myself!

No comments: