Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm going to have a baby sister!


Mom and Dad took me to the big ultrasound today and found out we are adding a girl to the family. It was fun getting to see her move on the screen and hear that she is doing great in Mom's tummy. The ultrasound technician kept saying, "Now that is a cute baby," but I had trouble seeing what she was seeing. She later added, "Now you'll have two cute babies," so I guess she knows what she's talking about. I'm kinda glad we are having a girl because I was getting real tired of hearing Mom and Dad discussing boy names (they never did agree on one, but Dad tried to make a few deals with Mom so he'd get a shot at naming the kid Atticus). My sister's name will be Esther Jane. Jane is my Nana's name and we thought Esther went well with Jonah. How am I taking all this? Well, Mom and Dad both seem pretty happy about the news so I guess I am too. :)

6 comments:

Mary said...

Yippee!!! I know already we will be best friends!

Paxton, Julie, Ethel, Katherine, Ruth said...

Yahhh! We love the girls! She is adorable-she looks like Jonah-amazing. Love the name!
congrats,
The McBees

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

FUN! FUN! Esther Jane is way too cute of a name. Now you will have one of each, super fun. Congrats!

Susanne said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! Love the name, too. We're most likely going to use Jane as a middle name, also (it's Nate's great-grandma's name), but we still can't decide on a first name...

Karin Hopkins said...

Sorry it took me awhile to respond but Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Now you'll have one of each and be totally happy. How fun for you! She does look very cute on the ultrasound. Girls are so much fun (to dress) :)!

tara said...

hey, like karin, i meant to congratulate you sooner, but life has been a bit on the crazy side this last week.

anywho, yay for you! our girls will grow up and be bestest buddies i'm sure. that is if you move to utah of course...dangit! good luck buddy