Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Today I met up with some friends for a St. Patrick's day parade in the Houck neighborhood of Vancouver. Kate and Sara and Nancy and George all met us there. For those of you who don't know Nancy and George, Nancy and Mom met about 4 years ago in a knitting class. I'm glad they keep in touch because Nancy often informs us of fun activities going on in the area.


I loved waving at all the cars and children in the parade. My favorite part of the parade, of course, were the the train cars and there were two. The Burgerville train was super cute, but I really liked the big one that came by as well. It had a loud whistle!


The Burgerville Train


I also got some candy (score!), a clover necklace, a couple balloons, and even a free book. It was kinda wet out, but Mom dressed me in rain boots and I had an umbrella too, just in case. Luckily, it didn't rain while we were outside watching, just on the car ride there and back. Must be the luck of the Irish!

Hope you all have a happy St. Patrick's Day too!

No comments: