Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July in Seattle


My mom and dad planned a fun little trip to Seattle over the weekend of the 4th this year. We were only there two days, but we packed in a lot of fun activities. The best part of the trip was getting there and back. We took the train (the Amtrak train, as I like to tell people) and the scenery from the train is awesome. I had fun meeting people on the train, watching movies, wandering around and just looking out the window. It was well worth it to go without our own car for a few days.

We also got to see my aunt Carrrie, who lives in the Seattle area. She was gracious enough to drive us around while there and we had a ton of fun celebrating the holiday with her. We decided to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, hang out for a few hours there and then hop back on the ferry just before the firework display began at 10:00. Unfortunately, the show we were expecting to see got cancelled, which would have allowed to us have a great view of some fireworks, but we did see some off in the distance. Overall, it was a great time and we are happy with the way our 4th of July activities turned out.

Here's a photo of Me, Dad and Aunt Carrie on the ferry just about to head to Bainbridge Island from Seattle.

Our family just as we docked at the island.

We enjoyed some live music while hanging out in the downtown of Bainbridge Island. I had a blast dancing and playing with my balloons.

The next day we took the Monorail from downtown Seattle, where our hotel was, to the Space Needle. It runs above the city streets and is a pretty short ride, but I thought it was fun. If you ever ride it, sit up front for the best view!

Dad and me being silly on the Monorail. I'm wearing the shirt my Aunt Carrie and Uncle Mike got for me when they last visited Hawaii. Pretty cool, huh?

I also had some fun playing in the big fountain by the Key Arena. I got a little scared when the water shot out at me getting me all wet, but I told Mom and Dad I'd like to go back again someday anyway.

I was brave enough to go up and touch the center of the fountain!


After that, Carrie met up with us and we went to Snoqualmie to see a train museum. Just my luck... more trains! We got to check out all sorts of old trains and various cars up close, which I loved.


Check out this HUGE log on an old log car!

We took a walk that passed by a bunch of old trains that were partially disintegrated. It was fun seeing them all up close, especially the old steam engines.

Last but not least, we stopped off at Snoqualmie Falls. It was super busy, but we thought it was definitely worth stopping for, especially since it was only a mile from the train museum. :)


Hope you all had a happy 4th of July!

No comments: